Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 2

My birthday this year was such a sweet day.  Sitting in the grass and chatting with friends after church for a long time, relaxing in the sun while Alden napped, a family hike and swimming at Balch Hill, dinner at Boloco and gelato for dessert, and arriving home to a bag of Yorks from my mom.  August birthdays are the best! :)



Adara & Alasdair

 our little water boy.
(videos here & here)

This might be my favorite place to swim.  Adara offered for my birthday to turn me into a mermaid so I could live here. :)

 perhaps our first successful restaurant experience - all 3 eating happily and independently



First time at gelato since Adara's 1st experience 3 years ago... same seat, same color shirt!
 
my people. :)


Oh, and the kids were all well-behaved all day.  That in itself is a birthday gift!  Emily was very intentional about it, explaining that since it was my birthday, she didn't want me to have to tell her to do things more than once. (I'm not sure why that has to be saved for special occasions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment