Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Traveling!

With the house mostly finished, we headed to VT/NH for 10 days to meet with pastors about our counseling center venture. We started with a few days in Killington with my parents. It was my first time skiing in two years, and God blessed my patience with some of the best snow Killington has seen in my lifetime. Glorious. Thanks to my wonderful mother who stayed with Emily all day both days so that I could ski.

For the business part of the trip, we stayed with our friend and partner-in-counseling Robyn and her husband Karl. We got to know some of their kids and Emily fell in love with their dog. Pictures were taken, but not on my camera. We met a lot of pastors, and some other key counseling-minded people. No pictures were taken. We visited some friends, including two of the boys mentioned in this post. Emily loved playing with her new friends, and luckily Alasdair did get some pictures. (See next post.)

I could go on and on about our trip, but I'm sure anyone actually reading this is really only here for the pictures of Emily. I will say though that Emily was wonderful. She slept well, despite being in three different places the first four days. She participated quietly in meetings without being too distracting, she was good in restaurants. We dubbed her our marketing department. (Oh, and Uncle Nick came along for the first few days to babysit Emily and to drive all over VT looking for my keys when I locked myself out of the car. Thanks Nick!)

1 comment: