Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Silver Spoon

Emily has never been overly interested in solid food. This week she's started adamently refusing all of her food. If it comes out of a jar, or on a plastic baby spoon, she turns her head away, clamps her mouth shut, and spits out anything we manage to get in. She is quite happy to eat things that come off our plates though, especially if it comes to her mouth on real silverware. Thank goodness she's finally able to gum things that are more solid without gagging (much).

This week she's gobbled up a slightly spicy meat sauce dish and bobotie at my mother in law's. This is all well and good, except that it means I'm going to have to start cooking dinner! I don't usually cook when Alasdair isn't home... but today I managed to make us some rice & beans, which we ate with cheddar cheese and sour cream (it is ok for babies to have sour cream?). Emily loved it!
Emily also loves to drink out of a cup. If I ever have a glass of water, she has to have a sip. In the tub, she has taken to using the cup I use to wash her hair to scoop up water. Hopefully she isn't ingesting too much soap.

1 comment:

  1. dude, i'm no expert, but if she'll eat it, I say go for it. ;) I'm glad you found a way to get her to eat! And hey, if I were her, I'd want real food too. None of this "blend up all the items in my meal and make me spoon it down" sort of thing. Also, I'm sure the ratio of soap to bath water is pretty low.

    ReplyDelete