Monday, July 26, 2010

Brought to you by the letter "B"

Emily is "talking" more and more these days. She really only has two consonants though, which limits her! She loves the letter B, and is pretty good with D. T& M make an occasional appearances.
Bow-bow (what a doggie says)
Boo! (peekaboo)
Boom! (something hitting the ground, or "I am about to throw this on the ground")
Booo (what a cow says)
Ba (ball)
[Yes, these are 5 distinct words! She also occassionally says "bu" for book and "baba" for bottle]
Daddy, Dada (Daddy, or any other person she knows)
Mum-mum (yum, or 'feed me that')
Aahh-du (all done)
Tiddy (kitty)
Baby (baby doll, or any young child she sees)
Bebe (belly button)
This last one is going to get me in trouble. She likes to pull up my shirt and point to my belly button, and say 'belly button'. Unfortunately, to the untrained ear (ok, any ear), her word for belly button sounds just like "baby". Someone is definitely going to get the wrong idea!
Update:
I can't believe I forgot her favorite word of all... "Hi!" Once she has your attention, she will say this over and over. Lately she will hold up an object to her ear (nail clippers, thermometer, spoon) and say "hi" as if it were a phone. She also says "bye-bye" any time she sees someone holding a bag and looking like might be going out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment