Monday, January 24, 2011

Big Girl Bed

After repeated incidents of Emily climbing out of her crib, we couldn't put off the switch to a big girl bed any longer. I was dreading some long nights of walking her back to bed over and over, and some nap-time fights, so I was pleasantly amazed that the transition has been almost seamless.

She fell out of bed the first few nights, so we put the bumper back in for a little extra stability. She only climbs out if she is upset about something (like last night when the heater in her room stopped working... great timing, since it was about 20 below outside. thank goodness for extension cords!) or when I occasionally try to put her down for a nap before she's tired enough.

Today, she slept in the car on the way home from a huge grocery shopping trip, but I had a lot to do, so I tried to get her to go right back down. Half an hour or so later I heard noises in her room - I found her holding her Eagles tshirt, wearing a pair of jeans on her head, and grabbing the broken top drawer of her dresser. Sigh. It looks like we have a super glue project to go along with the electricity issue. Next, she spilled my coffee all over the kitchen floor. Apparently she can reach things on the counter now. It's definitely a Baby Einstein afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment