Monday, May 23, 2011

Mud


Alasdair & I went to the wedding of some sweet Dartmouth friends on Saturday. It was so lovely! It was fun to see a number of our friends with new babies, and we were a little bit sad not to have Emily with us... but she is definitely too old to sit through a wedding. Conveniently, the wedding was 20 minutes from my parents house, so we swung by and dropped her off on the way (oh, and wrapped the gift and upgraded my whole outfit... I love my mom!) . We didn't take any pictures, of course.

What we do have pictures of, is MUD. With all the rain this spring, we have a constant puddle in our dirt driveway. Sometimes I make Emily stay away from it, and sometimes I just don't fight that battle. Today while I made lunch, she pulled on her green frog rainboots and my winter hat, and went outside. I could see her through the window splashing in the mud. I looked out a few minutes later and saw just two green rainboots sticking out of the puddle. I opened the door to find Emily standing there holding out her brown hands and explaining "I got muddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment