Saturday, August 3, 2013

July Catch Up

July is crazy month for me, with year-end reports and such for work, and helping run our church's VBS.  But we still managed to enjoy the month.  We spent most afternoons at the town pool (the girls are both getting so much more confident in the water!), we started reading Emily her first chapter book, Adara learned to climb the 'rock wall' side of the swing set, and also to climb out of her crib (ugh).  After some 'training' (including roping her bedroom door shut) she's doing much better with going to bed.  Recently she announced, "Jesus tell you [me] 'get out my cib'."  We weren't sure if she mean that he'd told her to get out, or to not get out... but we quickly helped her clarify this, and now every time we put her to bed she says "Jesus tell you, stay in my cib!"

This past week, we had a visit from Annabel &
Tim (such an honor!!).  We hiked Balch Hill, went to Lou's for breakfast, and visited on the Green on a perfect summer morning.  



 pizza & movie night with friends

water table fun.  
"I can't come in yet mom, Adara & I are working on a project." -Emily


 Watching the girls play in the backyard while I do dishes is something I envisioned when we first looked at this house.



celebrating my new blender (thanks mom!)

my crazy kid

No comments:

Post a Comment