Monday, September 2, 2013

End of Summer

A few weeks ago I was panicking about the end of summer, but today I feel ready for it.  It's really been a good summer!  Here are a few "last things" (I'm not winning any photography awards but you'll get the idea.)

A major highlight was many many afternoons at the pool.  As with a lot of "daily" things, I never thought to take pictures until the end of the last day... plus I was always in the water with the girls.  We didn't do any formal lessons, but both girls got so much more comfortable in the water.  After going most of the summer without life vests in the pool, Alasdair bought them these "puddle jumper" style vests that enabled them to be so much more independent in the water, and by putting them in the right position I think helped them get the hang of kicking and paddling.  Next summer we may try some lessons.  The pool closed last weekend, and we made one last quick visit on Saturday evening even though it wasn't very warm out and the water was freezing!  I think the girls were about the last kids out of the pool 15 minutes before closing. :)




Another summer favorite, although we didn't get there quite as often this year, is the water play area at the Montshire museum.  We spent a morning there with the Engert boys last week.


  

Two years ago, our friend Sarah invited Emily & I to visit the dairy farm where she worked, and Emily talked about for months.  After a few months of failed attempts, we finally make it out to visit her this year at the Robie Farm.







1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of my boys with your girls! So thankful to know that they have little "sisters" to watch over. :) Thanks again for taking them on your adventure! Love - C

    ReplyDelete