Saturday, October 12, 2013

Adara is two!


(outtake from our family church directory photo & running around the rest stop on our trip to PA)

Adara has seemed like a two year old to me for awhile now, so I was somewhat mentally prepared for this birthday.  She continues to amaze us (and keep us on our toes!) with her spunk and determination.  She's very active- constantly moving, running, climbing.  I'm always impressed by her toughness - when she falls down, she usually says "owwwch!" in a loud joking voice, and gets right up.  She's a ham, and knows when she's making me laugh when she should be in trouble.  She's very attached to mommy & daddy, but also wants to do things herself, and especially wants to do everything her big sister does.  I asked her who her best friend was, and without a beat she said "Emily."  She is social and often wakes up from her nap asking, "Play fwends?"  Her verbal skills have really taken off lately, she's speaking in full sentences, though she still veers off into fully unintelligible paragraphs sometimes. :)

Her favorite toy is her baby doll, especially loving to change her diaper.  She's developed the attention span to sit still for books, and asks to be read to constantly.  Her most comment request is to go to the "pwaygound."  I think she could be potty trained very easily - we tried it officially for a couple of days a month or so ago and she did great, but then decided she wanted to wear her diaper again.  She uses the toilet a lot, I haven't managed to be consistent with working on it...I have a feeling (a hope at least!) that she will just decide she's ready and that will be it.

I haven't really done birthday parties for the girls at young ages, but my friend Jill & her kids set up a celebration when we went over to play last week - complete with balloons, a gift & brownies!  What good friends!!

Her birthday was also the day of Shannon & Tyler's wedding rehearsal, and they gave all the girls really fun fairy dolls.  Between that and her other new doll from Daniel and Rosalie, the beloved doll collection got a real boost this weekend.  We also celebrated at Granny's house when we were in Philadelphia the weekend before... so I think she knows she is loved even if I didn't throw her a party. :)  I think her very favorite part about turning two was having her carseat turned around to face forwards "just like Emily."

We spent time with extended family last weekend at the wedding, and heard over and over that she looks just like me at that age.  Since Emily is pretty much all Groves, it's nice to see my genes coming through. :)

snuggling with mommy on her birthday morning




No comments:

Post a Comment