Sunday, November 10, 2013

Laura & Paris' Wedding

I love weddings. A few weekends ago I attended the wedding of a dear college friend Laura, and her now-husband Paris.  It was our 6th and last of 2013, and every one has been completely different.  I love learning more about my friends by seeing them in the context of their families, and seeing what's important to them in how they choose to do their wedding.

I flew to Georgia all by myself (and slept most of the way there:) for four days to be with college friends for Laura's wedding.  Virginia and her kids picked me up from the airport and I spent the rest of the day with them, and Juanita got in from FL in time to join us and go out for dinner.  Poor little James was sick with a really high fever, so V stayed home with him an extra day while Jua and I headed to the beautiful little campground/retreat center on Friday morning.  We spent the afternoon relaxing (and shivering - it was cold!!) and then a BBQ dinner & Malvi s'mores around the fire pit.  Cat, EJ & Kellie came in later that night.  I skipped the hot-tubbing and went to bed at 11, and (with a few bathroom breaks) slept until 10am!  Amazing.  We went for a little hike up an incredibly steep ATV trail, complete with a real rural GA sighting - a group of bearded guys out in their jacked-up jeeps and beer cans driving down the trail.  After a little more relaxing, it was time to layer up in our wedding clothes and wander over to the ceremony, which was in a clearing in the woods right by our cabin.  The wedding itself was simple & beautiful and made me so happy for L& P.

It was so refreshing to be responsible only for myself for 4 days.  I was grateful for the chance to get away, but then so eager to get home to my girls!  I was counting down the hours all day on Sunday.











No comments:

Post a Comment