Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Miscellaneous Funny Kid Things

A few times the girls have made us laugh lately.   (I wrote most of this awhile ago and never posted.)

Alasdair recorded this conversation back in October, which turned out to be the start of Adara's obsession with a certain word....

Adara: [long unintelligible ramble ending with] poop.
Emily: Don't say poop to me.
without pause for thought
Adara: Poop to Daddy...poop to unc ALDEN!!
No response from Emily
Adara: Poop to Granny!
No response from Emily
Adara: Poop to Brian!
Emily: Don't say that!!
Adara: Brian! Brian! Brian! Brian!
At this point my attempts to intervene with my girls were compromised by needing to turn away as I was laughing...

A few weeks later, Adara was being too rambunctious during singing at church, so I carried her out of the auditorium. As I walked up the stairs, she thrashed about in my arms, yelling, "No, no, NO...POOP.  POOP!"  Lovely.

Alasdair was recently trying to explain the holy trinity to Emily (he's much more ambitious than I am).  After listening carefully, Emily responded, "Dad!  I think I know how it works. I think one God ate up the other two Gods."

On that note, she also asked me while trying to figure out the new baby on the way, "Mommy, did you eat that baby?"

Adara is constantly saying something cute or funny.  Off the top of my head..."I mam." instead of "I am."  I didn't is "I didinent."  His is "hims"   She is working on cause and effect, but often backwards, "I'm scared because I want uppy."  "I'm cold because I want my cozy on." or a favorite, "I need chocolate to feel me better."  If I ask her something to which the answer is yes, I usually get, "Um sure."  Or lately, "Yes!  Les do dat!"   She's often talking or singing to herself.  Today was "Twinkle star, how I wonder what ... you're doing."

This is the age I wish I could just bottle up her little voice and words forever.  Two is challenging, but I love this stage of language development.



No comments:

Post a Comment