Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Killington Take Three

The one thing that makes me happy about the long winter is that we might have another chance to make it out to Killington.  :)  We spent Friday night and Saturday there this past weekend, and learned (how have we not known this?!) that kids under 6 ski for free.  We took the girls to the magic carpet at Ram's Head, which is the perfect level for them.  Emily amazed me (and I think herself too!) by skiing the whole way down on her own the first run, complete with turning and stopping herself.  I did have to slow her down a little since her pizza wedge isn't strong enough to really check her speed.  The girls both did about 5 runs, and then after a hot cocoa break, my parents and I took Emily down one run at Snowshed.  She did great - kept a great attitude the whole way even though it was a bit above her level.  Towards the bottom as I was helping her finish up, she called out, "Mom!  I forgot all about being nervous!".  We'll call that a success. :)



I didn't realize quite how crazy and pregnant I looked on skis until I saw this video!

First Snowshed run!

 rest time at the condo.  I was the only one reading an old fashioned book. :)

the girls favorite part of any Killington day - swimming at the health club

1 comment:

  1. uh, hello? It's not just how pregnant you "look", it's how pregnant you ARE!

    ReplyDelete