Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Kindergarten



My first baby started Kindergarten yesterday.  

Emily appeared by my bed fully dressed and shoes on at 6:30am. :)  She'd been telling me that she was "excited but a little nervous" - which is about how I felt too.  All the kids start out the morning on the playground - that part was very overwhelming to Emily, but when we got into her classroom she was more comfortable.  The moment for us to leave came faster than she'd expected though and she just dissolved into tears... so hard to leave her like that!  I knew she would be ok once she settled in, and she was.  She was all smiles at the end of the day and told me she'd had a "b... that means blast."  She wasn't quite ready to brave the bus this morning, so my good friend Megan - whose daughter is in Emily's class and older daughter is in 2nd grade - picked her up and she happily followed Lucy and Mallory in.  Phew.  She rode the bus home today and is excited to take it again tomorrow morning.  She'll ride with her friend Kaellyn (who, along with her mom, is living with us right now), so she'll have a buddy.  

It's been a big week here with all the new school starts and friends moving in; we are all pretty tired and I'm feeling for my girls as they are tired out from all the adjustments.  I think we'll all feel better as we settle into the new routine.





 so grateful for the sweet CRC friends in her class!

 at a table with two friends from preschool - Neveah & Lilly

 cupcakes at Mrs. Willeman's after school

today while Emily was at school, I could finally run with the younger two.  :)

gathering leaves while we wait for the bus (we were absurdly early to the bus stop)




How in the world is this happening???

1 comment: