Monday, June 27, 2016

Emily turned 7!

This sweet smart girl is seeming so old to me lately!

bird craft and birthday questions on video:
 

Mallory and Leigha rode home on the bus with her to play and we had pancakes for dinner. It was a good day. 

 
experiments with chalk, and playing with balloons




Skip-it

A story from a few weeks later that is so Emily...
Emily came to me very seriously after her quiet time and told me that she deserved a consequence because she'd snuck out of the playroom and taken Daddy's chess set, "because I just wanted to play so badly." She'd found a chess book on the shelf (geared at older kids but called "how to beat your dad at chess") and and wanted to try out what it said. I love her sensitive conscience. and that this is the kind of trouble she gets into. ;)
Here she is later reading about some series of moves and playing out the scenario with Dad.

I'm so happy to have her home for the summer!







No comments:

Post a Comment