Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Back to School (part 2)



Alden and I had a few last adventures before his official first day.

Friday we day-tripped to Boston to for a boys & moms day with Nico & Aunt Rebeckah.  So much fun to watch them have fun together.  



They planned to share this chocolate milkshake and took turns taking sips all the way through. 💙

Uncle Nick left work early to visit us too! 


Labor Day weekend we got stuff done around the house, let the kids catch up on time together (now that Emily is out the door before Adara wakes up, the girls don't see each other until after 3:30 on weekdays - I don't like that!), and had a fun visit from the Ware cousins. 

The last day of Alden's summer included a cake pop, a stop at Stateline Sports (his new happy place;) and a visit to the Montshire with other K friends.





And then ~~ first day!  He got dressed in an old favorite T-shirt, w remembered some last minute school supplies and rode our bikes to school.  Adara was such a good big sister, talking him through what to expect and holding his hand on the playground.




 Love that he's at a table with his sweet friend Evie.


Alden was nervous and teary at drop off, and I ran into the guidance teacher who helped Emily with her tears on her first day and asked her to check on Alden ... which made me cry!  (Her name is Emily and her son's name is Alden, so she's always had a nice connection with my kids;). I love knowing he'd have people to watch out for him.

I knew he'd be fine, so I made a quick exit and went out to a quick breakfast with some other mom's of kinders school friends, and then drove to Manchester for a church building project meeting... got home just as the kids were getting off the bus.  He had some moments of missing mom but a good day overall.

And I'm glad that after my 3rd and final 'parent orientation' tonight, we'll be done the back to school gauntlet for the year! ;)

And I know before I know it we'll be doing his 4th grade recognition!  Emily's first and last days at Mount Leb went by in 5 minutes. 😭

No comments:

Post a Comment