Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Skills

I'm trying to capture some of Emily's new skills on video, but it's hard because everytime she sees a camera, she stops doing whatever she is doing, and lunges for it.

A few new developments:


Saying "hi". One of my favorite things lately is when I walk into the nursery in the morning, Emily gives me a big smile and says "Hi!" I don't have video of this because for some reason when I post videos from my cell phone on here, the sound is weird (sounds like there is dramatic background music or something) and I haven't figured out how to post video from our actual video camera. But trust me, it's cute.


Stair climbing. She's much better at this now, and racing up the stairs is about all she wants to do these days.




Self-feeding. Emily eats best when we let her get involved. After a couple days of frustration with spoon feeding, I started letting her try it. She was actually a lot better than I expected! (Especially with oatmeal, which doesn't fall off the spoon when she turns it upside down...)


Opening child-proof bottles. She's done this multiple times now, so either I'm really bad at putting tops on correctly, or she's really onto something. Haven't managed to get video evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment