Monday, July 25, 2011

Perfect Summer Sunday

We had the best day yesterday. After being away for the last 3 weekends, we were home to spend Saturday doing things around the house and playing in the stream in our back woods. Sunday the heat wave* broke, and our church had a picnic at a local pond. The weather was just absolutely beautiful and I could have sat in the shade and talked to friends and watched Emily run around with the other kids in the sand and water all day. She is getting a lot braver in the water than she used to be.

After a nap break at home, we headed out to watch a Laconia Muskrats baseball game. Our friend Noah is the GM for this college summer league team, and we met up with good friends & fellow baseball fans Sharlene & Greg. We had a great time, and if it wasn't over an hour away, I think this is something we would do a lot during the summer. It's very family friendly - a big field for kids to run around, a couple of bouncy houses, and just a fun laid-back atmosphere. And to top it off, S&G brought their little dog Patches, who Emily adores. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of them together! I wish I'd taken pictures of everything we did, but the only one I have is this one of Emily in the bounce house -- I think this is a pretty impressive climb for a 2 year old! We will definitely be back next year.

* We are very grateful to be back in a place where a heat wave is 4 days of low nineties weather (isn't that every day all summer in Philly?)... but I'm still glad it's over! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment