Saturday, August 20, 2011

Essex County Fair

One of our summer highlights as kids was going to the county fair in Westport. This year I found out we would be arriving for our week vacation on the afternoon of the last day it was in town, so we drove straight to the fairgrounds... and I am SO glad we did. I think Emily had the most fun 3 hours of her life. We saw a miniature horse show, spent awhile petting goats, turtles, llamas, a camel (the bear cubs were safely out of reach), cows, sheep, etc. We ate maple ice cream. All the rides were free with admission, so Emily tried all of the kiddie rides, and a few not-so kiddie ones. After the merry-go-round and the car-go-round, Alasdair insisted on taking her down the giant slide (which I thought would scare her, and she loved) and then my mom suggested they take her on the scrambler (which I thought would terrify her, but she was perfectly happy). Lots more pictures if you click here. I cant wait to take her again next year.

The rest of our week at the lake passed without pictures... but was lovely and relaxing, and included a 24 hour getaway to a local B&B while Emily stayed with my parents. So nice.







1 comment:

  1. so fun! Glad you got away by yourselves, too!
    Love her fashion!!

    ReplyDelete