Saturday, October 8, 2011

Adara Kathryn Groves

After keeping us waiting for almost a week, our little girl arrived on Tuesday, October 4 2011 at 11:53am. She was 7lb15oz and 19 3/4". More pictures to follow soon once I collect them!

About the Name: Adara is Lauren's favorite character in one of Alasdair's favorite fiction series, the Belgariad. (When we first meet her, she takes the main character horseback riding:) The root is Hebrew, meaning 'noble'. The internet tells me the name also means "catches birds" in Welch. Her middle name is for Alasdair's maternal grandmother, Catherine. (Emily's middle name is for my maternal grandmother, Claire.)

Big Sister: Emily is doing great with her little sister so far. She vacillates between wanting to hold and kiss her, and being much more interested in her new kitchen set from Mimi. We are so grateful to have both my sister in law Becky (living here for a few months) and my mom around to focus on her. This weekend my dad is here too, and Emily is being well-loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment