Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankful

I am sure I've said this 100 times here, but we are so thankful for the families God has given us. We spent Thanksgiving with my family in MA. It was the first time Emily & Rosalie shared a room and the first time they really played together, rather than side by side or taking each other's toys. It was so much fun to watch them (and not watch them, since they entertained each other so well, we could spend a little more time with the grown ups!). My nephew Daniel has started walking and talking since we last saw them three months ago, and he is so.stinking.cute. His new word of the weekend was "pie!". Adara was her usual sweet self. We did Thanksgiving dinner with "just us" and then Friday was our traditional day-after Thanksgiving soccer game, followed by the pulled-pork dinner with all the family, which at this point is a fair number of cousins on both sides. I actually think the day-after is my favorite part of Thanksgiving! And, because Adara was asleep & Emily was off playing with Rosalie, Alasdair & I were able to talk & play games with my cousins.




No comments:

Post a Comment