Wednesday, January 4, 2012

3 months!

Adara is three months old today.  That feels like a big milestone to me -- she's just not a new baby any more!  A few recent changes: we don't swaddle her anymore when she sleeps, and she's sort of started laughing although only for daddy.  (And yes, she is wearing a glow in the dark skeleton onesie - first thing I grabbed out of the drawer this afternoon.:)



We started 2012 on a sad note, as my Grampy T. died early on the morning of the 1st.  I was able to spend Saturday evening with other family members sitting around his bed, crying, laughing & singing hymns.  I brought Adara with me, and she brought us some smiles during the bittersweet time.  I am so grateful that we were able to visit Grampy over Thanksgiving - he commented after meeting Adara that she had eyes like blueberries (fruit analogy - no surprise!:).  His was a life well lived, and he commented often over the last year that he had "no regrets."

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, we were so sorry to hear about your Grampy :( You (and the rest of your family) have been in our prayers.

    On a happier note, your girls look so big! I can't believe Adara is 3 months!

    ReplyDelete