Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Adara's language

I am loving this stage: Adara is starting to be able to communicate with us pretty well, but most of it is still her own little language.  Emily likes to tell me (often incorrectly, I think!) what Adara is saying, and will inform me that I need to learn Adara's language.

A few of my favorites lately...

Dat - Granny

Nanul - Daniel
Rolalie or Rolalilili - Rosalie

mahanu - We have no idea what this word is, but she's been using it since very early on to mean something like "I want that"

yak-um - thank you, or you're welcome
piddy - pretty
buhtah - butter.  her current favorite food.
fweet - feet

She's obsessed with pointing out eyes ("ice!"), ears, noses, heads ("het") and fweet, and has a good repertoire of animal sounds.  She talks up a storm when she's comfortable and not on camera... and is pretty serious about refusing to perform on command.

ADDITIONS:
A few things I forgot to include here...
- If Adara hears you say "one" she will add "two"
- Very often when I tell her she can't do something, she will say "why?" even thought I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what that means... but she hears her big sister respond that way!  Makes me laugh every time.
- She calls pizza "peetzy"

No comments:

Post a Comment