Sunday, April 14, 2013

Posts I don't write

I somethings think about how this blog is sort of a highlight real of the good or exciting parts of our life, which isn't really a full representation.  Sort of like a photo album, it doesn't capture the bad days.  I think I'm ok with that.  At the same time, I also don't tend to write about some of the really sweet moments, because they don't have a photo to go with them.  I don't tend to take the time to reflect here.  

A couple nights ago was one of those evenings I would have pictured before having children, when I imagined what family life might be like.  Funny how rare those times can be. :)  Alasdair came home from work while it was still light out, and Adara and I were playing outside.  The kids had already eaten, so they were happy, and our dinner was in the oven.  Exhausted from the day, I lay on the couch with my feet up while Alasdair played guitar (at Emily's request:) and the girls ran and danced and laughed together.  
Simple, but so sweet.


(unrelated recent pictures)

2 comments:

  1. I want to comment on everything I can see on my screen, which is (I think) 4/14 thru today, 5/7.
    so:
    My husband is on here! Cool.
    Your girls are adorable and I love the dress!
    Is she drinking coffee in the wagon?
    Styrofoam? Really? The things we don't think to childproof.
    And.... I can't remember all the other thoughts now because my screen changed to only one post when I hit "comment." About to go to bed but hope to spend tomorrow catching up on your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like coffee! Just a yellow sippy cup :)

    ReplyDelete