Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Eowyn & Ben's Wedding - Part Two


The only time the girls slept well on the trip was the night before the wedding - thank you Lord!  We had breakfast at the hotel, and my mom came on a last minute Walmart run with the girls & I.  Then, it was off to the church to join everyone else in getting ready.  The girls were fascinated by all the bridesmaids doing hair and makeup, and most of all by Eowyn and her dress.  (And of course, by the snacks.)  My parents (to the rescue once again!) drove Adara around for an hour so that she would nap before the big event began.









The ceremony was beautiful!  The girls did great. They walked well down 3/4 of the aisle, when Adara stopped and put down her basket.  Emily looked up like a deer in the headlights, unsure what to do with this deviation from the plan, but eventually they continued down the aisle without the basket.  She came up to me at the front, and started telling me what had happened, but was shuttled easily off to Mimi to sit quietly for the rest of the wedding.  Adara made it most of the way, and Papa took her out just for the end.  Eowyn was stunning, Dave Goneau and the Greens spoke well, and I just thought the whole thing was a great representation of Ben and Eowyn.  

By the time pictures rolled around, the girls were definitely past their prime.  (We realized later we should have let them go and done some wedding party pictures without them - for some reason that didn't occur to me.  Sorry Eowyn!)





The reception was lots of fun, including great toasts, a goofy song by the Groves family, an amazing poem by Ben's mom, and blueberry pie instead of cake. And then they danced the night away...  





 They were both on the dance floor until the end, Emily sticking close to Uncle Alden, Daddy and Granny, and Adara wandering through the crowd, lucky not to get stepped on too often.

Many more photos here.

1 comment:

  1. Eowyn, oh my goodness! I have found you. You hare never been far from my immediate thoughts. You are unforgettable! This is Cecile Black, your 7th grade English teacher. You were in my 1st group of students and you made such an impact on me. I remember your dad very vividly! I am sorry about his passing. Please contact if possible! I would love to talk to you. Congratulations on your marriage and all your achievements. You are a very special young lady. I am still at AJHS. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best!

    ReplyDelete