Thursday, September 1, 2016

End of Summer



I am still working on getting my head around the fact that summer vacation is over.  This summer went by so fast!  It started out chaotic and fun and exhausting, as summers have tended to be lately - trying to cram in as much work and sunshine as possible.  In August though, we managed to slow down and savor the time a bit more.  We started with that week at the lake, and came home more ready to take life as it came.  I think I said "we'll play it by ear" more last month than in the rest of my 34 years. ;)  It was a good month.

I just uploaded over 300 pictures to our August albums... I can't blog it all, but here is an out-of-order smattering of memories.. so many sweet summer afternoons with friends, by the pool or lake or river or playground or farmer's market.  We also had our annual weekend at the Big House with friends, a major highlight of the summer.

Eastman beach day

learning about archeology






 ready for her very first birthday party!


discovering Trues Ledges









Treasure Island
most people would let a two year old paddle boat with the middle schoolers, right?





last day at the pool

Ethan is a teenager!





rope swing on Mascoma



ready to deliver invitations to our neighborhood ice cream party.




And now, at the time of year where I am usually craving the return to order and structure and school... while these things all do sound nice, part of me would rather not.  I guess that's a good thing?   The 'back to school' transition takes a couple of weeks here; Emily starting this week was the biggest adjustment, then Adara starts next week, and it takes some time to find our new stride and figure out if I'll need extra babysitting for work time, etc.  I think by the end of next week we'll be feeling good!  I really do love fall!  

No comments:

Post a Comment