Sunday, September 11, 2016

Flower girl


We spent last weekend in MA for my cousin Amanda's wedding.  Adara was the flower girl, which was especially fun since I was a flower girl in Amanda's mom's wedding when I was about the same age.

Alasdair helped perform the ceremony, so he & Adara went on a little date to the rehearsal.  On the wedding day, she was so happy to have all the special treatment of getting her nails painted by mommy and hair by Auntie Bekah.  She and I waited outside the church for the wedding party to arrive, and she was captivated by the bride. "Doesn't she look like a queen, mommy?"

 
  

.She was so brave standing in the back of the church with the wedding party while the rest of us were seated, and walked seriously and slowly down the aisle with the ring bearer.  She forgot to drop her petals, and the look on her face as she sat down in the pew with me and realized she'd forgotten was heartbreaking.  She was devastated that she hadn't done her job... but hearing the other wedding mishap stories from others helped her recover eventually.  I was really proud of how she did at the rehearsal, wedding, and reception.


With the groom!  Welcome to the family, Julio!!

They had an amazing outdoor reception in Uncle Jim's backyard.  

I loved catching up with my cousins, and dancing with our moms and Grammy T!  
I wish I'd taken a picture of Adara and Auntie Rosalie together.  Adara fell and got hurt, so Auntie slipped her a dollar bill.  Of course a few minutes later Adara with back with another owie... ;)

We also got to go to Jolene's first birthday party!


Cousin walk...



No comments:

Post a Comment