Friday, October 9, 2009

This time last year

I remember being pregnant and often thinking "At this time next year, I'll have a baby!" and not really being able to imagine it. Every now and then something reminds me of what I was doing at this time last year.

I thought about writing this post back in August, but never got to it. At that point had been exactly one year since Alasdair & I took our fantastic cross country road trip (the Badlands, Yellowstone, Glacier, Seattle, Victoria BC, Oregon...). Two weeks of great weather, great hikes, and total freedom. Ahhh. Wonderful memories.


One year ago on September 27, we were at Citizen's Bank Park with my coworkers to see the Phillies clinch the NL East. We climbed down to the front row behind the dugout to watch the on-field champagne celebration. Good times. That was also the night we found out for sure that I was pregnant. This year on September 27, we had Emily baptized. :)



About a year ago this week, I accomplished my goal of running the 8.5 mile (Falls Bridge/Art Museum) loop along the Schuylkill River where we spent many 2008 summer evenings biking. I also completed the Philly Women's Triathlon with my cousing Dianna that summer (such a great time, but I'll spare you the pictures of us in spandex!). This year, I am thrilled to have finally broken the 20-minute mark on my current 2 mile running route. I don't think I've ridden a bike outside of the gym in almost a year. I have a ways to go to get ready for that same triathlon next July, but I know a lot can change in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment