Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another week, another baby consecration


Rosalie Grace was dedicated this Sunday at Mike & Bekah's church in NY. It was beautiful. They are such sweet parents and I'm glad that they have the support of a wonderful church family in raising Rosalie. (Sidenote: I tried not to be too distracted by the fact that their pastor could be a stand-in for Richard on Lost.)


Apparently we should have skipped the up close photo shoots though, since Emily came home with Rosalie's cold. Oops! :( I guess she was bound to get sick at some point. We've had a couple long nights with coughs & sniffles. I wonder if she might be teething too... I think I can feel a tooth or two under the surface and chewing on a frozen teething toy seems to calm her down sometimes. It makes me so sad to see her uncomfortable and not be able to do much about it. (Anyone have suggestions on how to make a congested & possibly teething baby more comfortable?) She seemed happier this morning, and I just heard from Granny Groves (she watches Emily on Tuesdays) that Emi took a much needed super long nap. Hopefully that's a good sign?

3 comments:

  1. Jake just got over being sick too. It was very sad, esp since he is slightly constipated too. the snot sucker helped. Also, the humidifier, and I steamed up the bathroom for him before his baths. Jake is teething too, but it doens't seem to bother him much. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Emily is sick :(

    And you're right, that pastor really does look like Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I am incompetent, but I can never get anything with the snot sucker thing. We did set up the humidifier & bring her in the steamy bathroom for awhile. She slept better last night, so hopefully we are on the upswing. (Of course, now Alasdair is sick...:( )

    ReplyDelete