Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hair

Emily was having a bad hair day yesterday, so I tried putting a clip in her hair for the first time. Isn't she beautiful?


Today she had her "4 month" checkup & shots (a little late since she is closer to 5 months now!), and it went soo much better than last time. She cried for just a minute after the shots, and has been fine the rest of the day. She's still in the 90th percentile for weight & height: 16lbs10oz & 26". The doctor suggested starting her on some cereal & fruits, but I'm not sure I want to do solids quite yet...

Oh, and speaking of solids, I had a neat neighborhood interaction last week. We buy our deli meats at the little store on the corner of our block. When I was working full time, I'd always be running in just when David was trying to close up the deli counter, so I was pretty sure I wasn't his favorite customer. Last Thursday though he asked me if Emily had starting eating food yet, because his family had about 30 jars of baby food that granddaughter wasn't eating anymore, and he wanted to give it to me! So now we have a nice stash of food for whenever we do start, and I feel like I have a new friend. I'm planning to bring him some pumpkin bread as soon as I can get around to making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment