Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things we are into

Has it really been two weeks since I last posted? Life has been a bit of a blur. We spent all of last weekend at CCEF's annual conference. (CCEF is the counseling center where Alasdair works, and of which we are planning to open an affiliate office in New England...stay tuned.) It was really energizing for me to be able to be a part of things. Emily did a great job; we took turns carrying her in the ergo & were both able to participate.

I thought I'd post a few things we are into lately. Emily is into ....sitting up on her own(!) ...

...at least for short intervals...

....and sucking on her lower lip...

Mommy is into... the crockpot! Late afternoon is my hardest time to get anything done, and it's really hard to motivate to cook when Alasdair isn't home for dinner. But with the crockpot I can prepare dinner during Emily's morning nap, it's ready to eat at dinnertime, and easy to reheat for later in the week. Thanks to facebook, I found a great crockpot recipe blog. The intensive week-long class Alasdair has been running ends today, so I'm making this for tonight - and of course we'll have to have margaritas since I opened the bottle of mix.

2 comments:

  1. um, just checked out the slow cooker site--amazing! this is seriously an answer to prayer. when my mom asked what I wanted for my bday, I told her, "a cook." She suggested I use my crockpot more often. PS: why is it cooler to call it a slow cooker than a crockpot? Is it because crockpot sounds like crackpot? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know, it's awesome! So I haven't cooked pork much, but Alasdair had bought some on sale & stuck it in the freezer in some random marinade he made up. Every time I open the freezer, I see this blob of meat that I can't really identify & don't know what to do with. Sooo, yesterday I just stuck in the crockpot to see what would happen, and it turned out really good! I'm hooked. Oh, and I'm guessing that crock-pot might be a brand name & "slow cooker" is the generic term?

    ReplyDelete