Monday, August 6, 2012

10 Months


My baby is almost a year old!  I can't decide if that makes me so sad, or happy.  The best thing lately is watching the girls start to play together - there isn't much that makes me happier than that.

Tricks: The big news this month is that Adara is crawling!  She started at 9.5 months, just like her big sister.  While a mobile baby makes some things more complicated, overall I think it is so much easier.   After watching her friend Lucy Leander last week, Adara has started wanting us to hold her hands so she can stand up.  Here is her version of peekaboo.

Teeth: During her fussy week last week, I kept checking for her top middle teeth and didn't notice that one of the next ones over had snuck through.  She has 3 more up top on the verge of coming through.

Words: dada, mama, uh oh.  I think she was saying "da" at a dog and "nana" at her banana... but that might be my mommy imagination.  She also says "no" (in this painfully adorable way I wish I could capture) while pointing to things I've told her not to touch.  [She has been surprisingly responsive and obedient to being told no from the very first time.  I'm hoping she's always this naturally obedient.:)]   I think she says something like "adada" for herself and something that sounds like it might mean Alden.  She also grunts and growls a lot. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment