Friday, August 31, 2012

Us at 30


When I turned 29, my mother-in-law wrote in my birthday card something like "Congratulations!  You've reached the age all women seem to want to stay forever.  I'm not sure why. :)"  It made me smile, and it stuck with me for some reason.  Alasdair & I both turned 30 this month, and really, we feel pretty good about it!  Although most of the time I still don't feel like a grown up, I'm ok with getting older and so grateful to be where we are in life right now.  Of course life isn't always easy (and sometimes it's really hard!), but our 20's were good to us: finishing college, getting married, two years as campus ministers with the Navigators, 4 years in Philly (our first house, my first "real" job and Alasdair's 3 years in seminary and first counseling jobs, and of course becoming parents!), and now 2 years back in NH, starting the counseling center and becoming parents to 2.  We often marvel at how good God has been to us in providing great churches and community at every step of the way.  We've lived in 5 places since getting married, and in the last three years we've had two babies, started a company, and moved three times (plus an office move).  We are very happy be "settled" for the foreseeable future!!  

1 comment:

  1. How the heck did I miss your birthday!?! I think it's because you never told me when it was....you stinker!! Now we have to celebrate... :) Welcome to the 30's, friend!!
    Love - Christine

    ReplyDelete