Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fitting Visit

I really lucked out in the mother & mother in law department. :)  Friday morning the girls & I called my mom to chat and I mentioned we were staying home from our activities for the day because the girls were still sick.  Fifteen minutes later she called me back to ask if she could come visit & watch the girls for the afternoon.  Yes!  She drove three hours round trip to be with the girls for 4 hours, so I could run a million errands (about two weeks worth, in kid-time).  Amazing.  She baked with Emily and played an hour of play-dough with both girls.  

Late that night, Alasdair's mom arrived for a weekend visit.  She is making Emily & Adara's flower girl dresses for Auntie Eowyn's wedding, and over the course of two days managed to almost completely make two beautiful dresses while simultaneously entertaining two adoring granddaughters, and doing all the dishes. I was especially struck by how attached to her Adara was, given that she's spent a lot less time with Granny than Emily has at this point.  But she consistently reached out of my arms for "Dat!"  [her name for Granny:)] 





There's a video of the girls "modelling" their dresses here.  I warned Eowyn tonight that getting the girls to walk down the aisle is going to be nothing compared to getting them to pose for pictures!  Good thing she is a laid-back bride.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment