Friday, March 22, 2013

Shower

I got to go away 'all by myself' last weekend!  I took a bus to Boston and drove with Becky down to Philly for Eowyn's wedding shower.  It was SO wonderful to get some quality family time without the distraction of kids.  We sat in traffic with no crying from the backseat, slept in, had uninterrupted conversations, and went out to dinner at 9pm.  Amazing.  And of course, the point of the weekend, I was so glad to be there to celebrate Eowyn & Ben's upcoming wedding!  I like them a lot. :)

We did an "informal tea" with an eclectic collection of tea cups & mugs, an amazing cake made by a family friend., and some mustache decorations. 










(Emily playing with the word cards my mom made me when I was her age!)

I'm very grateful for a wonderful husband who flew solo with the kids (including a sick baby).  [Well, mostly solo - he did fit in some skiing while my mom watched the girls, and taught Sunday school while my good friend Jill kept our sick kids home with hers.] He got no sleep all weekend, but didn't make me feel guilty for getting away.  I do think I'll wait a little while before I tell him I'm planning to do this again in a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment