Thursday, November 19, 2015

Mid-Atlantic road trip

Alasdair had to teach in PA last weekend, and turned it into a little family road trip.  The kids all had bad colds, and of course there were some less than beautiful moments in the car from all 5 of us... but I was really proud of how well they did with all the driving and new people, and we had some really good visits with people we love and don't see enough of.

Friday we drove to Glenside, arriving in time for Alasdair to teach that night.  The kids and I played with Granny and then I went out that evening to visit with Katie, a sweet college friend and one of my real-life heroes.  Saturday, while Alasdair taught all day, I got in another visit with a dear friend (Amanda and I had our first babies the same year and I can't imagine having survived that year without her), and then took the girls to Rocky's for Alden's first cheese steak.  Saturday night we had our last dinner with the Greens before they move to Australia; as always a mix of hilarity and depth.  
Sunday we rolled the kids out of bed and into the car and headed to DC to visit Eowyn & Ben's church.  It was really neat for my kids to be at Rebeckah & Brian's church and then here in the same month, and a cool picture for them that "the church" is made up of people worshiping God in different ways and places.  I just love seeing my people in their places with their people, so we loved worshiping at Mosiac and spending a few hours at the Bestor's apartment.  Next up was the Hanauers in Annapolis.  It was crazy to us that they'd moved across the country a year ago and we still hadn't seen them!  Our kids had never met, but Emily and Rachel (almost 6) became fast friends almost instantly, bonding over a shared love of art and many shared phobias. :)  I don't think I've ever seen Emily connect so fast with another child.  Adara loved playing with the big girls, and though she and Aaron (3) butted heads a lot, she asked repeatedly when he could come over for a playdate.  I think her highlight was when Jamie put on Frozen and made her popcorn.  We walked around Annapolis, looked at the water, ate ice cream for lunch, and just generally enjoyed being in the same place.  Monday night we drove back to Glenside, and headed for home first thing Tuesday morning.  

FRIDAY




SATURDAY





Emily found my phone she was supposed to be going to bed :)

SUNDAY

I managed to take zero pictures of Eowyn & Ben, but here is Alden playing at their house.


MONDAY




Adara wanted me to stand nearby & watch her watch the "marshmallow" (scary snowman) part by herself.

15 years ago these guys were random freshman year roommates... 







TUESDAY


No comments:

Post a Comment