Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nicknames

We call Emily so many different silly nicknames right now - I hope she eventually learns what her real name is!

A couple of note...
My first night in the hospital, I just happened to be served eclair for dessert. It had never crossed my mind until Eowyn pointed it out that night, that Emily is E. Claire. Fun!

When Emily was a couple weeks old, Alasdair and I had the following conversation.
Alasdair: How do people usually spell "Emmy"?
Lauren: E-m-m-y
Alasdair: Oh. In my head, I've always spelled it E-m-i.
Lauren: Nope. But, I guess we can spell it that way if you want.

3 comments:

  1. I'm especially partial to "Punkinhead"...

    Love,

    Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite nickname for Jake was "Mr. Busypants." You are welcome to borrow it if you want. He doesn't really use it very much anymore that he is eating solids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Emi better too. I had two students who were named Emmy and Emme (short for Emmery), both pronounced "em-mee," and the Emmy-one was just a little too annoying, so I guess I'm scarred for life. :)

    ReplyDelete