Monday, July 20, 2009

We're a Family!

Emily Claire Groves was born at 12:54am on Sunday, June 14. She weighed 7lb, 4oz and was 21.5" long (including quite the cone head). My labor was relatively easy. We arrived at the hospital around 5:30pm on Saturday, and I was only in real pain for a couple hours. By the time I got an epidural, it was about time to push. She was 5 days (4 days and 54 minutes, but who's counting...) past her due date. My theory was that she was waiting for the Red Sox to get to town; Alasdair and I were at the Red Sox/Phillies game the night before I went into labor, so I guess I was right.

Granny Groves, Aunt Rebeckah, Auntie Eowyn & Uncle Alden arrived at the hospital at 2am to meet the newest Groves. Grammy and Grampy Ware arrived from MA by the time Emily was twelve hours old.

Lots of pictures from the hospital on our picasa page:
http://picasaweb.google.com/alasdairgroves/BabyAtHospital

No comments:

Post a Comment