Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meeting the 04 Girls


This past weekend was Emily's first '04 reunion. (Well, a mini-reunion since many friends were missing.) Here she is with Annabel (home from overseas for a brief and all-too-rare visit!!) and Katie (who just moved to Philly from OH -- hoorayyyyy!). Juanita and Jackie C. also came to town, but my camera battery died before they got here. :( I'll post more pictures in our July picasa album once I have them. This weekend we also both met Jackie C's fiance, Brendan, who was just as great as Jackie promised.

On Saturday we did all the standard Philly stuff: visited Independence Hall (mini Baker Tower!) and Benjamin Franklin's house, and ate soft pretzels, water ice, and cheesesteaks! Sunday (after everyone else went to Spirit & Truth church with the Leanders and Emily and I caught up on some sleep) we spent the afternoon walking around Valley Forge. It's a beautiful park, and I can't believe we've lived less than 30 minutes away for three years and never been!

I don't know what I'd do without these women who have been there through so much since we first became friends 9 years ago, and I'm glad Emi will grow up knowing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment