Friday, August 14, 2009

Westport Take Two


Emily has spent a significant portion of her life on vacation! We went back up to Westport and spent a luxuriously relaxing week with my parents. The morning routine: feed Emi, deliver her to the waiting arms of my parents, and have my coffee and breakfast on the lower deck overlooking the lake. Ahhh. It poured rain the first few days, giving us time to just sit and read. The rest of the week was beautiful, and we played golf (Emily & I went along for the ride in the cart), hiked, swam, went for boat rides, and relaxed by the water with assorted cousins. I even got to waterski for the first time in two years. Alasdair & I had our first night out together since Emi was born, and she stayed home with my parents. She was fine (of course), and I was even able to relax a bit and enjoy the restaurant.

Emily was a big hit with her slightly older cousins. My cousin Karen has four kids, a boy and three girls. The two older girls (who I think are about 6 and 9?) loved holding Emily. In my generation, the first cousins are mostly boys, so Shannon, Karen & I had to stick together. Now in the next generation, the tally is at one boy and five girls! At Westport we grow up with lots of extended family as well. One of my second cousins is an adorable 4 year old who was just enamored with Emily and would just stand and watch her any time we were around. She named her doll "Baby Emily". Emily even met a 5th-cousin, a one year old named Scout.

Emily also chose that week to start smiling! We spent lots of time trying to coax those beautiful grins for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment