Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

I noticed today that most bloggers (I don't really consider myself a "blogger" but I guess I sort of am?) are posting their resolutions for 2010. Honestly, I've hardly thought about the fact that a new year is starting. I don't have any real lifestyle resolutions (well, there are a number of books I want to re-read this year... not sure I've committed to making that a resolution or not), but we sure do have a lot on our plate for the coming year. If things even remotely according to plan, our lives will look very different come 2011!

I won't call these resolutions, but here are the things Alasdair & I are hoping to do this year....

1) Start a Christian counseling center in the Upper Valley area of NH/VT
. Having never started a company before, we are working hard learning about setting up LLCs, 501(c)3's, etc. We are setting up meetings with some key players to sort out what this is really going to look like.
2) Move to the Upper Valley. Find a place to live.

3) Sell our house in Philadelphia, or rent it out.

Do all this while Alasdair is working until 10pm many nights, I am working part time and taking care of Emily, and we both have extra responsibilities this month: A is leading a class as well as giving a couple of other lectures and I am taking taking a class (to finish up my counseling certificate program) that meets all day every Saturday. Oh, and I'm trying to finish up our estate planning (life insurance, wills, etc.)


To say that I am feeling overwhelmed would be a bit of an understatement!


We are grateful to be following a God who promises to go before us & level mountains. If those are his plans for our 2010, we know he will bring them to pass. If they are not, then we don't want them either!

No comments:

Post a Comment