Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rolling over

Emily (who is almost 7 months, yikes!) has been sitting up on her own for a couple months now, but she never really mastered rolling over. I've seen her move from front to back once or twice over the last maybe 3-4 months, and never back to front. I'm guessing this is partly because we don't do as much tummy time as we should, or maybe that once she learned to sit up she never wanted to be laying down on either side. She's also always been a pretty still sleeper - I generally find her in the morning exactly where I put her down at night. This week she has started scooting around on her back a lot more and I'll find her perpendicular or 180 degrees to where I put her down, or sometimes with her head pushed up against the side of the crib because she can't scoot the other direction.

She has been down for her afternoon "nap" for about half an hour now, and each time I check in her on the video monitor, I find her in a different position and still quite awake. First she did almost a 360 on her back. Then she'd been quiet for awhile so I turned on the video screen to see if she was asleep, and she was on her belly! She shows no signs of falling asleep, but at least she finally rolled over back to front! For about the last 10 minutes she's been propped up on her arms studying the pattern on her sheet, and scooting around about 90 degrees. I think this newfound mobility might hinder naps, but it is fun to watch.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you can spy on her while she does this, and yet not interrupt her rest time. :) Good for her, for entertaining herself!

    ReplyDelete