Saturday, September 24, 2011

UPS

Ok, I just wrote this story out for some friends, and it cracks me up every time I think about it, so I'm reposting here. The same UPS employee who I mentioned in an earlier post delivers most of our packages, and since I've been ordering lots of random things lately* he's been here a lot. Here's an overview....

Monday UPS Man: "are you alone" Me: "Uh...no" (kind of freaked out by this greeting & very much wishing someone else was home besides Emily!). UPS Man: "I wouldn't want you to go in to labor while you are home alone with your child." Me: "Oh. Uh...thanks. I think I'll be ok. You kind of scared me." UPS Man: "You are scaring me!"

Wednesday
UPS Man "You're still here! I don't want to have to drive you to the hospital in my truck!" Me: "Well, the due date isn't until next week, so you'll probably see me a few more times before then."

Thursday I see UPS man pull in, but don't bother to get up, thinking he'll just leave the package outside. UPS man opens my kitchen door, sticks his head in & calls "UPS!" (Seriously? Is that legal?)

Friday This time I open the door when I see UPS Man coming. UPS Man "I'm going to strap you to a cart and drive you around in my truck, the bumpy ride will help that baby come." Me "Um, thanks for the offer? I think I'm ok for now!"


We have very few stores around here, and 1/2 of them just got destroyed by Tropical Storm Irene, so I've been ordering some last minute baby stuff online. Also, we get free 2-day shipping, since when I signed up for AmazonMom (free), we got AmazonPrime for free. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment