Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Alden update



I keep meaning to make a list of Alden's words, and in the meantime it keeps getting longer. :)  He's at the stage right now where he repeats everything we say and he's starting to have quite the little intelligible-only-to-us vocabulary.  He's walking more and more sturdily, still often while flapping his hands by his head.  He is fully into the "into everything" stage - just nonstop pulling things out of cabinets and making messes.  He's attached to me, but loves Daddy and has a handful of other adults he will reach for out of my arms.

Some favorites off the top of my head...
egguh - egg (usually yelled over and over while Alasdair is holding him & cooking breakfast)
baba - banana
nuhk - milk
nak - snack
muh or muffo - muffin
nigh nigh! - night night. when we tell him it's bedtime, or when he's telling me he's tired.  boy loves to sleep.  usually said while holding his ear, his clear tired sign since he was tiny.

hugga - hug.  he gives the best hugs, and is still by far my snuggliest baby.
go - go.  or maybe also "girls" ?
Em - Emily (he lights up when she gets home from school)
Dar - Adara
Mumma
Dada
ball
dugga - dog (or any animal)
stro-ro - stroller
boo! or ah-bah! - peekaboo
my! - mine
take-oo - thank you (usually said while handing me something)
uh oh - the classic baby "drop it so you pick it up" game
mo - more (Usually as in "Alden, say please" .. "Mo!"
Nooo! - He doesn't know how to say yes yet.
uppah - up
poop
too - ,me too
wallo - water

(Most of our September videos are of Alden talking or laughing...)

By far his dominant method of communication though is an ear-piercing shriek.  This is how he gets our attention, tells us he's upset, happy, bored, etc.  It might just put me over the edge if he weren't so darn cute.  And boy is he cute.  

We love you so much Alden boy!  Or Chowda-man as Adara calls you most of the time. 

Daddy is very diligent with your haircuts.

Walking around the driveway while the girls play, looking so independent.

I think I forgot to mention here that Granny & Miss Ruth came to visit!

You share my love of edamame.

How are you big enough to play at Romp & Stomp already??  Wasn't Adara just sleeping through this in the baby bucket seat while Emily clung to my leg?

Watching Adara & her friend Emma get tickled.

There is nothing cuter than a baby in a towel.

This about sums up a lot of your life.

 but you always have a big sister to hold your hand

peekaboo!

One thing you can almost always keep up with the girls in is eating!  Pizza is one of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment