Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to School, Part 1

My big girl started first grade yesterday.  She was pretty nervous, and sad that her closest friend wouldn't be in her class.  I was praying there would be no tears at drop-off and hoping once she got into the classroom she'd remember how much she loves school!  

This about sums up little sister's feelings on the matter.  The night before she asked, "Is tomorrow the day Emily goes away in the morning and doesn't play with me anymore?"

After lots of big smiles, Emily asked me to take a picture with her "regular smile."

I love this video of her in the car before we walked up to school!
  
Parents aren't allowed past the door, so I was so thankful for sweet friends for her to talk in with!  (I'm quite sure she would have clung to me otherwise.) Lucy put her arms around Mallory & Emily's shoulders as they walked out to the playground, and led them towards the first grade classes. Emily looked a little hesitant, but never looked back!  

When she got off the bus she said, "It was awesome! ... Well, it was medium." She hasn't raved about it, but no terrible reports either.  She's been happy to see a few familiar faces (including the paraprofessional from her kindergarten class who moved up and is in her class again this year). I'm hoping she'll settle in and start enjoying herself more soon!  Adara is having a harder time adjusting, asks for Emily a lot and throws a lot of tantrums that begin with, "But why don't I ever get to...?!"  She starts preschool next week and I think we will all be ready!  

No comments:

Post a Comment