Wednesday, September 2, 2015

River



After the pool closed for the summer (sigh), we discovered another great place to swim.  I'd been meaning to check out a certain river access point all summer, and a few Sundays ago the kids and I finally made it over there.  Right behind a field where we've played some pickup frisbee and a playground the girls love is an easy path down to the White River.  It's shallow most of the way across, and the current is mild enough that I could get 3 kids across by myself.  (Apparently earlier in the summer it was much deeper and faster, but by late August it's a great spot!)




I took this video of Alden saying "hi" and it reminded me so much of this one of Adara (at 12mo).



I am going to miss swimming with these girls every day!

Today was the 3rd day of school, but it was 90* so we picked Emily up from the bus and went for an afternoon swim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment