Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ergo Baby


The Ergo baby carrier is one of our favorite baby products. My aunt had given me a sling, and I discovered that Emi seemed to really like being carried in it, plus it freed up my hands to actually do something besides just carry her. I went to a little workshop to learn more about "baby wearing" where we could try out a bunch of different slings and carriers, and discovered the Ergo. We love it because it has a waist belt and comfy adjustable arm straps (like any good backpack!), so we can carry her for longer without getting sore. When she's older, we can wear her on our backs too. Best of all, she falls asleep in it almost every time! Since early evening tends to be when Emily is awake and rather needy, Alasdair & I could never really sit down to dinner and talk when he got home from work. Instead, we've started taking walks with Emi in the ergo, and voila! a contented sleeping baby, and time for us to talk. Alasdair usually carries her, since I've done my time with a baby on/in my belly!

1 comment:

  1. I know many who swear by them. I already have a Bjorn but, might switch. Elliott is just too heavy to carrier all day no matter how you cut it, poor guy....

    ReplyDelete