Saturday, September 19, 2009

This is reality

For most of this summer, I felt like we were living in this alternate reality where all we did, or at least all I thought about, was taking care of this little baby. It's finally sinking in that life isn't going "back to normal" once fall starts. I know, I'm a little slow... But now that I am back at work and we are settling into what will be our regular routine, I'm getting used to this new normal. And with a few months under our belt the mental stress of learning to take care of a baby has mostly faded, and I am excited about re-engaging with the outside world.

I actually like being back at work, I just signed Emily up for childcare at the gym (they had a promotion going for only $10/month for up to 4 hours a day! ps - who spends 4 hours a day at the gym?!) so I can start pilates classes and swimming, I just started a book group, and I'm finally joining our church's Women's Bible Study. I'm starting to feel like a normal person again. It's almost weird.

2 comments:

  1. I remember having that realization too! I think I had it a little before you; it was a hard and shocking realization. it made me question whether this has all been a good idea. But the answer I eventually came to was Yes! (after a brief stop at "it doesn't matter at this point.") I am very much enjoying our family reality, and actually at the point where I can fathom it becoming a larger family. In a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to WBS? Yipee!!
    Glad the adjustment has been gradual and gone smoothly. Welcome to the new "normal" of Motherhood!

    ReplyDelete